Where can I find out more?
To find out how the changes are being introduced in this area, get in touch with us:
- For information on how the new Care Act can help you and your options for getting advice and support, including eligibility and assessments visit www.southglos.gov.uk/CareAct
- to find out more about support for carers call the Carers Support Centre’s Carers Line on 0117 9652200 or visit www.carerssupportcentre.org.uk. If the person you care for lives outside of South Gloucestershire visit http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/pages/carers-direct-helpline.aspx or contact the council of the person you are caring for.
- for general information and advice on health and wellbeing, contact Well Aware: Freephone 0808 808 5252 or visit www.wellaware.org.uk
- for independent financial information and advice to help you choose the right care services go to www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk (Care and Disability pages) or call 0300 500 5000.
- for information and advice on choosing a financial advisor contact the Money Advice Service as above, or contact The Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) that specialises in retirement and later life: www.societyoflaterlifeadvisers.co.uk, tel: 0845 303 2909
- For information and advice on eligibility and assessments contact South Gloucestershire Council www.southglos.gov.uk/CareAct or call 01454 868007.
Further information is available below:
Useful information, tools and guidance relating to commissioning advocacy, assessment and eligibility, safeguarding adults and more.