Local domestic abuse advice and support
South Gloucestershire Council Community Safety Team
This team coordinates the South Gloucestershire Partnership Against Domestic Abuse and the local MARAC and can therefore be contacted for any
advice or support and to discuss any specific agency needs you may have.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01454 868751
Bristol based charity that works with women and children experiencing domestic abuse. Their services often link to South Gloucestershire and they can be contacted for advice and support.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 0117 925 0680
Providing support and information to individuals and families and signposting on to their agencies.
Tel: 0845 45 66 099 (Monday – Friday: 8am-8pm, sat: 9am-5pm) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.victimsupport.org.uk
Survive is a specialist charity in South Gloucestershire offering support for women and children experiencing domestic abuse. Services offered by
- Back on Track programme for children aged 7-11 years. Support group that allows children to talk about their experiences and have some fun with their peers. For information on the programme for 11-17 year olds, please contact Survive
- a dedicated ‘Children and Young People’s team’, offering group programmes, 1:1 support and parenting support
- Connect with Respect is a preventative programme for schools, including staff training, assemblies and workshops for children and young people
- information sessions in the community and schools
- group support sessions for young people who have experienced domestic abuse
- Freedom Programmes providing group support for women aged 16 and over
- refuge supported accommodation
- educational work in schools including training for staff and educational sessions with young people
- male mentors for young boys or men to support them in their recovery from domestic abuse