Deaf, Deafened and Hard of Hearing Group
Over the last 12 months the Deaf, Deafened and Hard of Hearing Group has been working to develop the group’s work plan and look at ways to raise awareness of the impact of hearing loss.
Work has included:
- Maintaining an online calendar of information about hearing loss
- Working with the Department of Work and Pension (DWP) and South Gloucestershire Deaf Association (SGDA) to agree a number of clear actions to support Deaf people when looking for employment support
- Supporting lip reading classes in South Gloucestershire
- Working with the Care Forum to improve the information available for people with a hearing loss
- Surveying the accessibility of hearing loops in the South Gloucestershire community
- Raising awareness of training courses/materials/support, etc available and South Gloucestershire Council’s development of a pan disability training course.
- Raising awareness of dual sensory impairment
- We will map the hard of hearing pathway in South Gloucestershire
- Contributed to the South Gloucestershire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment