13. Legal considerations
- Section 49 of the Children and Families Act 2014.
- For children and young people under 18, local authorities are under a duty to offer direct payments for services which the local authority may provide to children with disabilities, or their families, under section 17 of the Children Act 1989.
- The Special Educational Needs (Personal Budgets) Regulations 2014
- The Care and Support (Direct Payments) Regulations 2014
- The National Health Service (Direct Payments) Regulations 2013.
- The Care Act 2014
- The Care and Support (Personal Budget and Exclusion of Costs) Regulations 2014